The Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) is a one-and-a-half-year full-time diploma program spread over three semesters. It covers five theory papers and one practical paper in each of the first two semesters. The third semester is devoted to Project work to be done in industry.
Candidates wishing to seek admission to the program are advised to look out for the advertisement of Department of Computer Science, University of Delhi in this regard.
- At least 55% marks in the aggregate at Under-graduate/ Post-graduate level.
- Should have studied Mathematics at class XII level.
2. The Entrance Examination shall include questions on:
- Mathematics: 50 questions
- Computer Science at under-graduate level: 20 questions
- Logical and Ability Test: 30 questions.
3. The Entrance Test syllabus will be prescribed by the Department.
CS 1.1 Computer Fundamentals and Programming
CS 1.2 Computer Organization and System Programming
CS 1.3 Accounting and Financial Management
CS 1.4 File Processing
CS 1.5 Database Management System
CS 1.6 Software Lab.
CS 2.1 Operating Systems
CS 2.2 Database Design
CS 2.3 Object Oriented Programming
CS 2.4 Computer Networks & Internet
CS 2.5 Multimedia and Applications
CS 2.6 Software Lab. (based on CS 2.1 to CS 2.5)
Semester III CS